On Saturday 15 February 2003 15:44, Daniel Anderson wrote:
> On Friday 14 February 2003 02:09 pm, Gil Katz wrote:
> > On Friday 14 February 2003 04:58, Miark wrote:
> > > Anne & Jordan,
> > >
> > > I downloaded the RPMs from the following location to a single folder:
> > >

> > > http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/linux/di
> > >st ri butions/mandrake/9.0/KDE-3.1/
> > >
> > > Then in runlevel 3 from within that folder I did a
> > >
> > >   urpmi ./*.rpm
> > >
> > > and that was it. When I started KDE, not only did everything work, but
> > > it kept all my bookmarks and settings. It was the epitome of
> > > effortless.
> > >
> > > Miark

> > I run urpmi ./*.rpm on the rpm from texstar and got
> > Installation failed:
> >         libarts == 1.1.0-1tex is needed by arts-1.1.0-1tex
> >         kdelibs == 3.1-3tex is needed by kdelibs-devel-3.1-3tex
> >         libarts == 1.1.0-1tex is needed by libarts-devel-1.1.0-1tex
> >
> > Why?
>
> I did this and got "Installation failed. Some files are missing. You may
> want to update your urpmi database." I'm running the 9.0 download edition.
>
> MtnMan
Ok i succeeded in upgrading to KDE 3.1 i did what the README file said and
walla KDE 3.1 but i have one big problem my Desktop is empty and when ever i
try to create shortcut on the Desktop i get "Couldn't start process Unable to
create io-slave: Too many open files"
and when i try to start konqueror it crash.
Gil