On 26 Sep, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, you wrote:
>> How do I do that?
>>
>>      It's httpd, the one that is built wiht Apache 1.3.9.  I have it
>> configured to standalone in ../../apache/conf/httpd.conf right now, but
>> I don't know how to start it automatically.
>>
>>      It says in the docs something about rc3.d, but I don't know what file
>> to edit inside the directory.
> Hmm....good point. I'd say put the httpd command in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local and let it go from there. AFAIK, that *should* be
> the equivalent of putting it in MSDOS's "autoexec.bat" where it'll
> start automagically at boot.
> 'Course, this is only a guess, as I'm not running httpd here...
>       John

Actually, I believe the better way to do this would be to put the httpd
executable in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ (which, I believe, should be the
default for Mandrake).  Did you not install Mandrake's Apache RPM?

Try `ls /etc/rc.d/init.d/`  Do you see httpd anywhere in there?  If
not, copy (or link) httpd to this directory.  That should start it on a
boot to runlevel 3 or 5.

Copying it to /etc/rc.d/rc.3/ would just start it on a boot to runlevel
3.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>