On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Here's an interesting question.  This might be off-topic, because it's
> not exactly Linux-Mandrake specific, but there are a couple questions
> that branch off about the release.
>
> I've been having problems compiling programs under Linux-Mandrake 6.0.
> The gcc that I use is version 2.91.66.
>
> The programs I've been trying to compile are:
>
> -Fuzzball 5.64 (A MUCK); fb4.64;
> -Licq, 0.70.1;
> -The KDE plug-in for Licq.
>
>       If there are compile errors, such as "gets function is dangerous and
> should not be used", then that is not my system's problem, but instead
> the programmer's problem, and I should report it to them?
>
>       A side question.  Has anyone managed to acquire a good ICQ Unix clone
> up and working?  I have problems with the KDE plugin with Licq; it
> doesn't seem to want to compile.

  LICQ is about the best ICQ clone that I have found. (personal preference
there)   I could compile the main program ok in 6.1 but the Gui needs QT 2.0.

  I didn't want to stuff around and risk running QT 2.0 but I did find
a pre-compiled RPM, version of 70.f.  I have been happlily running this for a
while in Mandrake 6.0 and it works just as well in 6.1.  I can't seem to find a
later RPM .. but I will be on the lookout.

   If you want to look at it, it is available at:

       ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/contrib/libc6/i386/

   Read the docs to make it install the GUI all the time.

    Seeya,

       Lindsay