On Tuesday 18 February 2003 08:39 am, Jesse G-Tez Houston wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I am looking to install Mandrake on an IDE Software RAID 1 Mirror....
> However, when I go to create the Raid Device /dev/md0 I am given an
> error message. When I look at the logs it seems that md.o is unable to
> be insmod'ed.
> I know that using a RAID Mirror as the root file system isnt the best
> approach. But due to hardware constraints I am forced to do this.
>
> I checked in the mailling list archives and I found a bug in the cooker
> archives but nothing was said.
>

> Is there any idea's anyone has? I'm stumped :(
>
> Thanks in advance!

Slow down there...

What are you using for your RAID Devices?
What procedure did you try to use to set up the RAID?
Were you using 9.0 or 9.1 beta3?

I am using 9.1Beta3 with RAID0 and I had no problem setting up.
Ideas are usually only as good as the information provided, so I won't even
risk one til I know more about your situation.

Civileme