On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Mike Armour wrote:

> Greets all,
>
> my newly installed hangs (completely ctrl-c and the three finger salute
> don't work) on "Starting optimisation for hda" and "Starting optimsation on
> hdc" upon boot.
> a reinstall hasn't done any good and from the boot disk i'm can't figure out
> how to pass it -s (or is it -S?) for a single user boot ... any ideas on why
> it hangs ??
>
> Cheers
> Mike

it's looseing it's interupt they do generaly recover, but use
'linux single' or if it's really being difficult
'linux single init=/bin/bash', if you use the latter you'll ave to remount
the driver read/write. Then edit/comment out the hdparm lines in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon