On Wednesday 19 February 2003 06:39 am, Peter Watson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 Feb 2003 03:38, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 February 2003 06:58 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > > Here is my fstab :
> > > /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> > > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> >
> > <snip most of it>
> > answering my own post. I should have known better, It was a permissions
> > problem. Somehow the cdrom and cdrecorder files in /dev were set to root
> > permissions only.  I am not sure what else to set them to so I set them
> > to my user name and can now access cdrom and cdwriter. I wish I would
> > remember to check the basic stuff before getting frustrated and blowing
> > it all away. Civileme once told me " you should never have to reinstall"
> > Ha, that applies only if you have some inkling of what you are doing. I
> > keep learning. Some things I keep learning over again.
>
> looks like your'e using K3b. I had the same permission problems and
> multiple entries in fstab after I installed it.
Your right. I had never had a problem with k3b doing this as others reported
but will not run it on the system as I am now testing 9.1rc1 and k3b isn't
here any more. I will use cdbakeoven for all my burning needs. Thanks for
reminding me of the probable cause of my problem.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842