Angus Auld wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: John Richard Smith
Angus Auld wrote:

Greetings all, I would like to inquire about a warning message that I get whenever I use KWord. Does anyone else get the following when opening KWord in a terminal?

"Koffice (lib kofficecore):Warning:KoDocumentEntry::
query [X-KDE-NativeMimeType]=='application/x-KWord'
got 2 offers!"

When using KWord, .xsession-errors gets a lot of these warnings.
What does this mean? I also note that when I right click on a .kwd file, in the context menu 'open with' there are two entries for KWord shown.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?
KWord appears to be working OK otherwise however.

--Angus

Yes , I've just tested it and the terminal window comes up with the same message.
No Idea why though.

John
************************************

Thanks John for your reply and observations. I did a google for the warning message, and came up with a response for the exact message, but it is on a German SuSE mailing list, and, unfortunately I can't read German. :-)
The warning on the German list was in regard to "KOffice 1.2 Beta2-Installation".

Do you also have the double KWord entries in the right click context menu 'open with' when clicking a .kwd file?
Best regards.

-- Angus

Yes it does present the same choices twice over.That is
what the message means , isn't it. Your being offered
two opportunities to open a kword.kwd file , obviously
a glitch in the programme, and incidentally, it does not
occure if you call kword from the start menu, there you
"choose" using the search facility your directory containing .kwd files and highlight one and the OK,
and obviously there is no double "Offer" .

Yes you are correct Angus.

John

--
John Richard Smith