I do NFS installs, and here's what I have set for my /etc/exports,
perhaps you could give something along these lines for it to work:

/install           192.168.2.0/24(rw,all_squash,anonuid=500,anongid=500)

That's always worked.  So any machine on my internal network can access
the NFS mounts.

In Mandrake(9.0), /var/www is now owned by root, not apache.  I'm not sure if
that's the case in RedHat.  But that could be causing you some problems.

But you shouldn't need to use the netmask in there.  I don't have mine
specified, and it works.  I have that /install mounted on various
machines to use with urpmi or apt-get, and I have no problem installing
packages like that.

After you make the edits, make sure you restart all the services.

portmap
nfs
nfslock
netfs

I would suggest umounting all the currently mounted NFS mounts before
restarting netfs.  It can complain quite a bit at times.
tdh

 T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091
| Help! Please!
|
| No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get an export to mount FROM my Mdk 9.0 box.
Here is my
| setup:
|
| Old_Server - 10.0.0.1 - RedHat 7.2
| Workstation - 10.0.0.2 - Suse 8.1
| New_Server - 10.0.0.3 - Mandrake 9.0
|
| Now, I have an export from Old_Server to Workstation, so I know my NFS client works.
When I try