On Tuesday 25 February 2003 10:44 am, Fred Schroeder wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Mandrake 9.0 system, in the machine I have put three 512Meg chips,
> so it should have 1,536Meg of Ram.  But in the system monitor, it only
> shows 884Meg.  What is up?  When the machine boots, it says it has 1572864
> memory, so I think the machine sees the memory, but for some reason Linux
> is not seeing it all.  Do I need to change some setting on my system?
>
> TIA,
> Fred

You need to change more than a setting
OPen a terminal
$ su
password: (your rootpassword)
# urpmi kernel-enterprise
# exit

Now boot with kernel-enterprise and you will see the extra memory

The kernel is compiled specifically for a certain memory model (up to 1G) and
for others you need other compiles.  Kernel-enterprise covers 1G-64G

Civileme