On Wednesday 26 February 2003 04:22 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 Feb 2003 4:09 am, A V Flinsch wrote:

> > > I think Jerry was referring to this
> > >
> > > http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/02/24/1717223
> >
> > Interesting, but seems to be very little difference from my
> > old Commodore 64 and OSI C1 days.
>
> My reaction was 'Didn't the ZX81 have that?'  As one of the comments
> pointed out, it would tend towards proprietary standards too.  And if we
> are talking flashing the bios to fix security issues I imagine that might
> have security issues of its own.
>
> Anne
my first reaction was "this yo-yo has no clue at all" the very first line he
says "computer operating system as we know it today is as dead as the
planetary transmission that drove the Model T Ford."
A "fact checker" should have told him all current automatic transmissions are
derived from that same planetary gear system, and it ain't an obsolete
concept, the only thing obsolete about plantary gears tranmissions from model
A Fords is the outside case, and that same "style" of case is still in use
today. if he statrs out so very wrong and "miss-informed" about stuff he
states as "fact" it the very first paragraph, why in the name of crap would I
read on, or begin to think this guy has a clue about OSs.