i am tring to set up a ftp server for a friend to keek stuff on my computer
and he wonts his folder user name / password protected  IE..he wonts a user
name and a password for his stuff on my computer

i am using mandrake 9.0   with pro ftp
i have the newest vet of webmin

and...i have verry little exp with this <<setting up user/password anywhere
even with apache ...but thats another story ill get to that later lol>>

o and BTW he wonts to use his browser not a ftp client to log on my computer
IE   url would be    ftp://xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx
then he would type a user name and a password in a pop up box

any help would be greatly apreacated

Thank You
                   David Jones