On Thursday 27 February 2003 08:28 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Thursday 27 February 2003 08:22 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My introduction to diy pc hardware was a lecture in which we were advised
> > to clean keyboards in a dishwasher - no heat, no detergent and short
> > wash. I never tried it.
> >
> > Anne
>
> <evil look on face> I have a dishwasher here...do you suppose, in the
> interest of science???
>
>  :-)
this subject reminded me of the thread some time ago about "what to do with
used CD disks (llike AOL disks, or old betas) and the consenses seemed to be
that the best use was to microwave them in a dark room. My wife is now trying
to get me to get together a few folks who do that, adn get them to be on
Jerry Springer "my mate sneaks out to the garge at night to zap old cdroms,
adnit is ruining our night life". I volenter to make a video of me sneaking
out, in my bathrobe, in the middle of the night, to go to the shed to zap old
cds, if we can get a few others to go on the show with us.
My cordless logitec keyboard took a drink of coffee about 2 weeks ago, and now
the Fx keys are one number off, so if I want f10, I use f9.