On Thursday 27 February 2003 03:19 pm, Ruben Sajnovetzky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the wide disturb.
> I have a remote machine installed by someone else.
> It is Mandrake 9.0 standard installation (all packages but
> not games).
>
> He installed with "higher" security level and now I can't get in
> even by ssh.
>
> I have connectivity (he can ping my machine from the linux box) and
> the box has the sshd running (in the standard port)
>
> I think the linux box has an internal firewall that he can disable but I
> don't know how.
> Also, he hasn't GUI interface, only standard text console (I don't know
> why).
>
> Can someone help me ?
>
> Thanks.

Depending on what he's got installed have you tried:

service iptables stop

or

service shorewall stop

One of those should temporarily help. You'll still have to do some changes to
msec, I think (not sure)

Can someone else familiar with this jump in? I've never used more than the
standard security setting here.

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord