> On Thursday 27 February 2003 11:07 pm, James Dawson wrote:
>> I have a couple of questions regarding renewing my MandrakeClub
>> membership. My finances are rather tight right now so I don't know if
>> I can afford to renew at Silver level but I can't find an option
>> online to renew at Bronze level. Second, is it possible to renew
>> paying on a month-to-month basis rather than a single payment?
>>
> If you want to downgrade, you have to e-mail Deno.  They are not
> encouraging  this for obvious reasons.  But if you want to you can.
> AFAIK, there still is  no option to pay monthly.  I really widh they
> would explain why they won't or  cannot do this.  I think they fear that
> some will join, download StarOffice  and other premiuum goodies and then
> block their credit card from further  charges.  A risk for sure, but it
> could probably be minimized with certain  procedures.  I think they
> could really increase their revenue as a lot more  people would join if
> they could pay that way.
>
>> Also I'd like to hear from anyone who has purchased the 'Definitive
>> guide to using Mandrake Linux' book. It sounds like it could either be
>> an invaluable resource or a rehash of the Mandrake documentation.
>>
> I ordered one.  It was just announced today, so I doubt anyone has seen
> it  yet.  Deno posted a link to the TOC on the Club site.  I'm sure some
> of it is  a rehash, but it looks to me like it has a lot more stuff than
> the default  docs, including server configuration and stuff.  I joined
> the Club instead of  buying a Pack, so I don't have the 9.0 manuals, so
> I don't care much if it is  a rehash.  Also, Deno indicated in a
> follow-up post that an html version will  be going up for Club member
> access.  That might be a reason to skip the book  and just go for the
> club membership.
> --
> Greg

Even if they agreed tp put a HTML version online version for memebers
there are plenty of reasons to still get a hardcopy such as the fact that
club members get a good discount, a hard copy is simply much nicer to read
and, last but not least, we can help Mandrake by buying one.

Andrei

Linux-Mandrake 9 (Dolphin)
Mandrake Club Silver Member
Registered Linux user: 226850