On Friday 28 Feb 2003 7:45 am, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Anyone know what /net and /misc are?  They automount under m9, are always
> busy and can't be unmounted.  As a result I can't do a clean shutdown.  How
> can I remidy?
> TIA
> Paul

Do you have autofs installed ?
I believe they are the default mount points used by autofs. There should be a
configuration script somewhere defining what mounts on them.
rpm -ql autofs should tell you the files involved.

autofs is an alternative to NFS and/or supermount. (I think)
I tried getting it to work with the 8.1 release unsuccessfully, but since then
have not bothered with it.

HTH

derek