Hi all

Can I please state for the record that I am a complete Linux supporter.  I
have been with Mandrake since version 6 and although having left the arena,
so to speak, for sometime now I still believe that linux is the best OS
system around and Mandrake the best version.

What my original e-mail was trying to show (and I apologise for not making
this clear) is the average end user perspective. There is much talk here, as
there always has been, of Linux-v-Windows and I was just illustrating, after
my installation of XP, as to what a windows user must think when faced with
Md9 or any other linux version for the first time.

In my opinion too much time and effort is directed towards "converting" the
windows user to linux and basically I was showing that although linux is by
far the better of the two, XP gives people what they want and damn fast.

Some of you have said that chaning desktops will improve preformance but as I
originally stated I don't want to, again getting my head into a windows users
perspective where KDE or Gnome is the more familiar.  Showing some new person
Enlightenment or even ICEwm is not going to impress at all.  They want
familiararity, hence my choice of desktop.

I hope this has made my stance clear,

Andrew