On Monday 03 March 2003 09:27 am, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Sunday March 2 2003 02:55 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > Sorry, I can't dig it up. I put in a asound sound card and it was
> > auto detected and works very well, so I do have sound. Later if
> > need be I will try again with the onboard, all I can say is the
> > config tool in MCC said there was no support for that via chipset,
> > whatever it was. Thanks for the reply, as always with linux, "never
> > say die" unless your talking about M$.
>
>     As long as you've got another sound card, I'd avoid the onboard
> chip.  I have onboard snd-via82xx     : VIA Technologies|VT82C686
> [Apollo Super AC97/Audio], and tho it works fine, it's a bit of a cpu
> and memory hog.
>
>     RC2 was supposed to be out yesterday (Sun), but it's still not on
> the mirrors this morning (Mon).  Seems some are havin connection
> problems with RC1 (I haven't), search the cooker archives and I
> believe you'll find various suggested work-arounds.
>     http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker/
Thanks Tom, I will take your advice. Since I don't really have any other pci
cards to install (needed or otherwise) I am going to leave well enough alone.
I put a different heatsink and fan on and now the comp stays up all the time
and everything is working.  Good enough to test rc2 on.  Thanks again.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842