At boot-up I get the following message :-

Kenel panic : No init found
Try passing init = option to kernel
after which nothing happens except that the caps lock and scroll lock keep
flashing.

I arrived at this situation after attempting to change users when the
machine seemed to have become locked in wait mode.

Any suggestions as to how to get the machine to boot will be gratefully
received - or should I just wait to upgrade to 9.1 - which, I assume, will
fix the problem.

Regards

John

_______
Confidentiality Notice

This email (and any attachment) is intended only for the attention of the addressee.
Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please destroy all copies and inform the sender by return
email.  Thank you