robin wrote:
I'm sorry if this was dealt with when KDE 3.1 came out, but after trawling through the archives for a while, I haven't found anything. (That reminds me to plead once again for people to start a new thread when the topic changes - it's a minor irritation when I'm reading my mail, but a major PITA when searching the archives.)

I've just installed KDE 3.1 from Texstar's RPMs. Most everything works OK, except that I have no icons and my wallpapers don't show up. It looks almost like the background is appearing on top of the desktop. Even if I delete .kde and start from scratch, I can't get icons by dragging from the menu, and right-clicking the desktop does nothing. Is there something different about KDE 3.1 I should know about, or something else I should have installed (or alternately, uninstalled)?

Sir Robin
(who foolishly upgraded KDE just before noticing that Mdk 9.1 is due out soon)

I have the same problem Robin. Think I will just live with it until 9.1. Charles