On Sunday 09 March 2003 07:43 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 09 Mar 2003 12:26 pm, Robert Wideman wrote:
> > I am wondering if the 9.1 ProSuite or PowerPak Editions will have Win4Lin
> > v4.
> > The reason why is b/c 8.2 came with v3 and i want to totally make all my
> > boxes MDK, with my fastest and most powerful a win4lin win2k install to
> > use non-linux apps in.
> > For those of you who dont know what Win4Lin is....it is basically VMWare
> > just by a different company.  Also I do know that if I were to upgrade my
> > current v3 win4lin to v4 it is $20 off on their website
> > (www.netraverse.com) since i bought the older version through a reseller
> > of Win4Lin, but you gotta talk to sales to get the discount.
>
> Just bear in mind, Rob, that the version of win4lin shipping a few months
> ago was still not able to support ntfs - I'm not sure about w2k on fat32.
> I don't know if there's a newer version, though.

Whoah!  KLet's be clear about what you are all talking about.

Win4Lin does not care what the filesystem is, because it uses the Linux kernel
to handle that.  This allows you to install Windows on any filesystem
supported by Linux.  if Win4Lin could not support NTFS it is because Linux
did not support NTFS.

Win4Lin does not support the NT based version of Windows right now, only the
9x series.  This is not because of the filesystem, but because of the
structure of the OS itself.
--
Greg