Derek wrote:

> Who is your Bank Margot?
> I find First Direct will reject my browser if I enter through their standard
> login route, but if I enter the url of the login page directly it works
> perfectly with any linux browser.
>
> Interestingly the new preview edition of Opera7 for linux actually works
> perfectly through the standard login route even though Opera7 for Windows
> does not work
>
> derek

Margot,

For several UK banks that assure you Explorer is necessary, it seems to be
totally irrelevant once you've got your internet banking account
set up, via the internet with Win IE/by post/by telephone, as long as
whichever browser you decide to settle on can provide a secure
connection (https) and certification. BUT as Derek says: ......."enter the url
of the login page directly"..............I bookmark it to save trouble.
I've switched my internet banking from Explorer/Win'95 to
Win'98/Netscape-> Opera to M9.0 Linux /Mozilla-> Galeon plus Opera
without needing to give it any further thought. (Barclays, Egg, Newcastle BS)
I'd just install the internet banking using whatever means the bank
offers, even if Win/Explorer;  ignore it; and try out accessing your account
via Linux with your preferred Linux browser anyway. Give it a go!

Good luck!

Doug

--
Douglas B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>