I have installed vmware 3.2 onto my all scsi system:
p3-450mhz
512mb ram
2940u2w scsi card
ibm 18g scsi HD
pioneer scsi dvdrom

I ran the vmware-config.pl script and it seemed to get me going.  I created
a new vm w/ 176mb ram and 4g space.  The HD was setup ok inside the VM, but
the cdrom was set to IDE, so i disabled the IDE cdrom and enabled the scsi
cdrom with the options below.

The devices are setup as:
scsi 0:0 virtual disk
         4g space
scsi 0:2 cdrom
           /dev/scd0

I turn on the VM and it finds my proc and ram
then shows:
Mouse enabled
ERROR
02B1: Diskette Drive B Error

then states F1 to continue or F2 for setup.
If i do F1 it states no OS found and states
A bootable cdrom/fdd/hd was not detected, please make sure the media is in
and restart.
When i do F2 there is no info on my scsi deviecs....DUH b/c my 2940u2w has
its own scsi bios where you have to enable the bootable devices at.  They
are setup correctly in the scsi bios.
I have my Win2k Pro cd in the cdrom drive.  I have tried it unmounted AND
mounted.  I have tried the cdrom option in the configuration info set to
/dev/scd0 and /mtn/cdrom (/mnt/cdrom when it was mounted).  Nothing has
worked.  I do not find any information on the net about any of this.

Any thoughts?

Rob