At 03:44 PM 3/8/03, Frank Bax wrote:
When I installed Mandrake 9.0 - I was able to so via ftp. Now, everytime I startup the system, no network is available until I run the connection wizard in MCC (accepting all default answers).

The following entries appear in syslog during bootup:

Mar 8 15:17:16 video mandrake_everytime: Building Window Manager Sessions succeeded
Mar 8 15:17:16 video insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/net/sundance.o.gz: init_module: No such device
Mar 8 15:17:16 video modprobe: modprobe: insmod eth0 failed
Mar 8 15:17:16 video modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth1

When I run the connection wizard, I get another 11K of messages in syslog, which you can see here. Any suggestions about what to change so this works on bootup?
http://www3.sympatico.ca/fbax/syslog.txt

NIC is a Startech ST100S (there is an RTL8139D chip on it).

/etc/modules.conf contains:
alias eth0 sundance
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cmipci
alias char-major-116 snd
probeall usb-interface usb-uhci usb-ohci ehci-hcd
above snd-cmipci snd-pcm-oss

Solution - change 'sundance' to '8139too' in /etc/modules.conf

Frank