On Tuesday 11 March 2003 10:01 pm, Anders Lind wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a simple way to update GTK to version 2 on a Mandrake 8.2-system,
> the thing
> is that I do not wish to do it package by package, although timewise I
> would have the time
> to fix that. This is a thing where I find the RPM-system inferior to for
> example FreeBSD's portsystem.
>
> Cheers
>
> Anders

Well if you are using the 9.0 or later GTK2 then you must rebuild from source
each blessed package (put them all in one dedicated directory and

rpm --rebuild *

from within that directory)

CAUSE--

9.0 and later is done with a significanlty different compiler and glibc versin
and is binary incompatible with previous versions...  And BSD's port system
will do nothing about that.

Civileme