I guess I don't understand why you would choose one of these over the other. I am familiar with VMWare, and that seems to make the most sense if you need to run a particular Windows (or other OS) application within Linux. I know it is a virtual machine and will let you connect back to the primary host OS via the network and share ports.

In the conversation about Win4Lin it sounded as if that worked in a very similar way. I only know that Wine and Win4Lin are supposed to provide a way to run Windows applications within Linux, but I was wondering why you might choose one of these three particular products over another.

I am probably going to invest in one of them (most likely VMWare) but i would like to understand the differences before I make a decision.

Thanks,