Bart Salien wrote:

>Op Friday 14 March 2003 09:44, schreef Piero Piutti:
>

>>Yesterday I accidentally erased my "Documents" folder from my home dir
>>while doing some tweaking with my newly installed Kde 3.1 desktop
>>enviroment.
>>
>>I know this is an odd question but... is there any means to recover the
>>files that were contained there?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>

>When you type "rm --help " it says that it should be possible to recover them.
>
>Unfortunatly it don 't says how , I can only give you hope , maybee someone
>else knows the answer .
>
>greets,
>
>Bart.

Midnight Commander also has a tab for recovery, but does not say
anywhere how
you do it.

John

Later

If you type mc in a terminal you get midnight commander,
then select Command , then Undelete files (ext2 only)
you get a field where you type
/#undel:hda(n)   where (n) is the number of the partition
                       that has the deleted files on it.

you then get ,

Undelfs:loading deleted files info-

It then checks through all the inodes on the patition
looking for the deleted files and makes a copy to
a new directory /#undel , only it takes so long I could
not wait for it to finish.

John

--
John Richard Smith