On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 00:47, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Sun 2003-03-16 at 00:03:07 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 March 2003 10:53 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > > Hey y'all - anyone remember that I posed a PROCMAILRC a
> > > while ago - well, as y'all know, all my mail went the way
> > > of the wind, and if anyone can blast me a copy of it back
> > > - cuz I'm hustling to get my system back to
> > > spec....REALLY APPRECIATE!
> >
> > Stephen, is this what you want  (attached file) ?
>
> Hehe. As Linus said, backup are for wimps. Real men let just the
> public mirror important stuff. :-)
>
> Bye,
>
>       Benjamin:
>

> PS: The original quote is:
>
>     Only wimps use tape backup: *real* men just upload their
>     important stuff on FTP, and let the rest of the world mirror
>     it ;) -- Linus Torvalds (about his failing hard drive)

How funny - but how true.
I constantly back up my customers machines to my network - so that I can
scan'em for bugs, burn cd's of their stuff, yadda yadda yadda - but when
it comes to MY stuff, well, I never do anything. As a matter of fact,
last week when I made my complete move to MDK  on my primary box, I
SWORE that I was going to setup a backup to another partition or to the
network so that if I do crash'n'burn again, I'll have a backup - but
still ain't got around to doing it.

At least it's great to know that I did get my procmailrc back (have
heaps of editing to do to it) - thanks to Kaj - maybe I oughta start
posting my entire ~/home/mynamegoeshere directory to the list?

--
Mon Mar 17 07:00:00 EST 2003
 07:00:00 up  1:13,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |                                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

And he climbed with the lad up the Eiffelberg Tower.  "This," cried the Mayor,
"is your town's darkest hour!  The time for all Whos who have blood that is red
to come to the aid of their country!" he said.  "We've GOT to make noises in
greater amounts!  So, open your mouth, lad!  For every voice counts!"  Thus he
spoke as he climbed.  When they got to the top, the lad cleared his throat and
he shouted out, "YOPP!"
        And that Yopp...  That one last small, extra Yopp put it over!
Finally, at last!  From the speck on that clover their voices were heard!
They rang out clear and clean.  And they elephant smiled.  "Do you see what
I mean?" They've proved they ARE persons, no matter how small.  And their
whole world was saved by the smallest of All!"
        "How true!  Yes, how true," said the big kangaroo.  "And, from now
on, you know what I'm planning to do?  From now on, I'm going to protect
them with you!"  And the young kangaroo in her pouch said, "ME TOO!  From
the sun in the summer.  From rain when it's fall-ish, I'm going to protect
them.  No matter how small-ish!"
                -- Dr. Seuss "Horton Hears a Who"