Raffaele,
did you install lilo on your root "/" partition or on
your master partition?
Do you want to dual boot your machine or only mount
your ntfs partition? If you want to mount it you have
to compile the ntfs module at least and then go with
modprobe or insmod. That doesn't depend upon Lilo.

Leonardo.

 --- Raffaele Belardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha
scritto: > I'm helping a friend install RedHat7.3. I
realize
> now how good the MDK
> distributions are!
>
> We are trying to have a dual boot with W2K. The
> problem is that after RH
> installation, LILO does not show the W2K option. No
> problem, we think,
> let's boot in linux and insert in lilo.conf the
> additional entry, but it
> doesn't work: lilo refuses to upgrade the MBR
> because it does not see
> the partition hda5 (were W2K is).
> Looking better, we see that hda5 is not mounted at
> all. So we mkdir
> /mnt/windows and add a new entry in fstab with
> appropriate parameters.
> But now mount /mnt/windows reveals that ntfs is not
> build into the
> kernel. We try an insmod ntfs, but the module cannot
> be located: it's
> not present in the /lib/modules/.../ directory. :-(
>
> My understanding is that lilo refuses to upgrade the
> bootloader because
> it first tries to validate the lilo.conf accessing
> the partitions there
> indicated, but in our case fails because there is no
> ntfs support in the
> kernel and exits.
>
> It there a way around this mess?
>
> raffaele
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html