Thanks to HarM and Derek. I must confess I didn't try Dereck's advise, so, I
do not know whether it might have worked or not. I'm sorry about this, it is
just that my system got highly unstable due to my election of loading an NFS
server on boot. The problem was that for some obscure reason, the system
hanged when booting off, and the only thing left to do was to shut the power
off. That caused a lot of problems and when I found the cure, and also I
consulted the experts on the USB isssue and nothing worked, the system was in
a very bad shape, so I decided to clean everything and do a fresh install.
That gave me the opportunity to give some more space to the Linux patition
which was already a bit tight. Anyway, thanks.

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?