Richard,

I am a very happy Mandrake user and though 9.0 had its problems (especially eg supermount etc.), I never had the problems you describe. 9.1 has now been released, I suggest you upgrade/reinstall (download available on all the major mirrors) immediately. See if this fixes your problems and if not then we will require more information to be able to asist in more depth.

Regards,

Jason Greenwood

Richard B. Thibaudeau wrote:
Dear Sir / Madam.

I'm using Mandrake-Linux PowerPack 9.0, with kernel 2.4.19-16mdk.

It is very buggy, slow, etc.  A week after a fresh installation, it
generates about 50,000 files with zero bytes.  I use it on a PI-233 with
114 Mb memory.

I have downloaded Patch-2.4.20.bz2 at 4Mb.  I have expanded that file to
22Mb.

The documentation I read so far does not tell me what to do next.

Make xconfig, make config or make menuconfig do not work.

Thank you for your help.

Richard Thibaudeau

Package S/N PWP90MM-322CBA-ENG-HPCK-E9K9