> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> > Are the config files available for the kernels installed with Mandrake
6.1?
> > I've been customizing a kernel and it is crashing, so I'd like to start
from
> > a known working config.  Is it documented somewhere what features are
> > enabled in the installed kernels?
>
> I cant answer that one but when doing a make config, just hit the ?
> key if you dont know what an option is for, you will be suprised what
> you see.

I did that and was very careful and deliberate in my choices.  Trouble is it
doesn't boot.  It appears that one of the modprobe's in rc.sysinit is
hanging, and for some reason executing in a loop (my screen is filled with
scrolling error messages that I can't stop but if I look real close I can
see a modprobe error).  I could debug this but I'd really rather start from
a working configuration.

Eric Solberg