-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Technoslick
Sent: Thursday, 27 March 2003 10:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] ftp weird server reply error in Mandrake update

In the last couple of days, I have noticed a peculiar difficulty in
using Mandrake Update. I get the following error message on nearly all
packages that I select for updating:

Error during download

There was an error downloading package:

ftp://<name of site>

Error: ftp weird server reply

Do you want to continue (Skipping this package)

Yes No

This had never happened in the past. Is this due to a change on the
mirror site I have been using, due to the release of 9.1? Or is it a
matter of corruption on my system?

TIA

"Procrastination is not a disease! It is a way of life..."
                -- Technoslick