Hello,

        This project called 'operation get cinelerra to run' has raised
several questions.

        The two separate Cinelerra's I downloaded insisted that I have
'libpng.so.2' (and possibly 'libstdc++.so.3' as well).  I have
'libpng.so.3' and 'libstdc++.so.5.'  I tried to download some rpms of
these older (I assume, since the numbers are lower) libraries, I ran
into questions about my architecture.  Since reading the kernel HOWTO
(which is quite excellent, I must say), I've wondered what exactly
this means.  The default value in Xconfig was '586/K5/5x86/6x86/6x86
MX' which works just fine as far as I can see.  I have however, an
'ADM Socket Athlon 1.1GHz.'  When I recompiled with the
'Athon/Duron/K7' option in Xconfig, things seemed just as they were
(taking into account I don't know much, and don't use many processor
hungry apps).

        At any rate, the rpms that I got from the web 'http://rpmfind...'
would not unpack, and I'm not even sure that they would work since I
could only find '586' and 'ppc' rpms and the Cinelerra rpm has 'i386'
in the filename.

        I'm sorry if this is a bit confused (I wrote it, how could it be
otherwise?) but any information on any of these topics, architectures
and places to find libraries that unpack, will be greately
appreciated.

With an advance of thanks,
        Jim M.