I think this was meant to go to the list. (name removed in case it wasn't)

> However, 9.1 purports to resize NTFS Partitions (via diskdrake and
> during install) just fine, and many have reported it doing this task
> flawlessly. So, perhaps something is corrupt on your NTFS partition, or
> one would assume that the installer could resize it.

I did forget to mention that i was reading from the 9.0 manual.

Luckily for me (at least on my first computer) i'm just gonna blast wind*ze
away.
Then, if all goes well, i'll have to decide what to do with my newer
computer (with XP loaded).

> PS, don't blame Mandrake, blame MS for their closed filesystem
> implementations. Crap MS bloatware problems again...

> eric huff wrote:
> > Man i hate outlook.  Why doesn't reply all reply to all?!?
> >
> > Anyway, on page 1 of chapter 1 of the startup guide, there is a warning
> > about this (if you have 2000, NT or XP):
> >
> > "NTFS Partitions. Windows 2000 , NT or XP users should be very careful
not
> > to resize NTFS partitions with GNU/Linux . This will damage your data.
In
> > this case, use an appropriate disk-resizing application such as
Partition