Ok, here's my first real issue.

The gui doesn't come up.

If i startx i get:

execve failed for /etc/X11/  (errno 13)
among other things.

Same error (but just the one) if i "run" X11

X11 appears to be linked incorrectly.

>From checking the web, it seems that i either got my video card wrong or
messed up the X install.When i was in that section of the install (i have to
admit) i did poke around a bit, and the video & X stuff seemed incorrect
(sorry for the bad eplanation: i can't rememebr that section well enough).
I never actually got to choose a video card.

I am now  "upgrade"ing from the cd to see if i can reconfigure/reinstall
there...

In the mean time, do any of you have a quick solution?  What's the easiest
way to do these reinstalls of a specific section?  The upgrade option on the
cd seems to go thru a lot of stuff considering i am just trying to get to
the video/x part.

Sorry for the longwinded post.

Thanks in advance for any help,
huff