On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:55 am, Ronald Kuwawi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm very newbie in Linux, and got dualboot Win2000 and Mdk 9.
> Does anyone has any success installing Optushome on Mdk 9?
> [Optushome is a cable modem service in Australia - I live in Sydney].
> It did recognize my Motorola SB 4100 cable modem at the installation,
> but I couldn't figure out what the next step is.

You should just be able to use the MDK network config tools to set it up.
You'll need to identify which ethernet port it's plugged into if you have
more than one. Otherwise, you will need to set up DHCP, with your hostname
(something like c453722) and the IP address of the gateway at optus. The DNS
and everything else will be configured automatically once you get the DHCP
going.

You can test the DHCP stuff on the command line, but I forget what the command
is, sorry :(

   Richard