> Have I missed this in 9.0? I was going over a few of my files and moused ov=

I assume you're using Konqueror as your file manager. It's been in
3.1 AFAIK dunno about 3.0 - it's pretty recent. I'm not sure it was
in 9.0.

It is a cool feature but it's the browswer that gives you that
ability - gnome had it first btw :). It sometimes gets in the way. And
if you move the mouse the playback may stop.

I noticed one glitch though - in the 3.1 beta releases of KDE one
was able to hold the mouse over an AVI or other movie file and
mplayer would pop up the movie. In 9.1 final, doing this only
plays the sound.