Regional Webmaster wrote:

> I don't have a cc installed on my sys, and for the life of me cannot find
> one. Is there a list that describes that packages on the mandrake cd so that
> i can identify which one to install, or do i have to go through them one at
> a time... Still I have not much of an idea of what i am doing, but the fog
> is slowly lifting from my brain, soon i will see clearly and be free. well
> almost free.

Run this once to create a list of packages and the files that they
contain:

        mount /mnt/cdrom
        cd /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS
        for i in *.rpm; do rpm -qpil >> ~/RPM-list; done

Once you run that, you'll have a file in your home directory called
RPM-list that you can use to find out which package owns a file you're
interested in.

--
Steve Philp                     "The Internet is like crack
Network Administrator            for smart people..."