Before I go too far and mistakenly allow somebody to delete files off my
server, is there a way I can restrict access to certain directories for
someone using winscp2?

I have so far created a user account and given that user a password (in
which I will show him how to change his password using putty first)
and now I want to only allow this user to have read only access to two
separate directories - and no access to any other directories (/
including!)

The same two directories are shared between Win and Linux clients using
smb and nfs.

Win clients (smb) have read only access and Linux clients (nfs) has
read-write. What restricts read access using ssh though?  hosts.allow
does not appear to control access to individual files/directories.

I have a feeling I should create a "sshusers" group, but not too sure
that will solve what I am attempting here.

TIA
Steve

--
Linux user #280097