On Wednesday 02 April 2003 00:45, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering;  using "ssh -C -X IPadress_of.remote.host" works fine in
> exporting the Xserver.
> Problem is the sound......me and my teenage daughter decided we wanted to
> play "tower toppler" downstairs, where the game itself was installed on the
> PC upstairs.
> Consequence: My wife searched all over the place for the leaking fawcet she
> heard, not noticing that the PC was on.
>
> Anybody got any pointers on how to get sound working remotely?
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

Maybe these?

Name: gstreamer
Version: 0.6.0-2mdk
Size: 521 KB

filters which operate on media data. Applications using this library can do
anything from real-time sound processing to playing videos, and just about
anything else media-related.  Its plugin-based architecture means that new
data types or processing capabilities can be added simply by installing new
plugins.

Name: gstreamer-oss
Version: 0.6.0-3mdk
Size: 39 KB

found in the Linux kernels or commercially available from OpenSound.

HTH,

    -Frans