On Thursday 03 Apr 2003 2:20 pm, Linus Drouhard wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I just upgraded to 9.1, and everything seems to work very well except
> the software manager.  I tried setting up sources with urpmi and through
> MCC.  I can set up the mirrors, find the packages I want to install.
> Everything works until I get an error that the signature is not valid,
> not readable.  I try to install anyway, and I get a message that the
> file is corrupt. I removed/reinstalled the mirrors, changed mirrors,
> tired different packages, held my tongue a different way and crossed my
> fingers.  Same result.  I've been watching the list and haven't seen
> where anyone else is having this problem.  Any help/guidance/suggestions
> are much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Linus

That problem is caused by the way some sources serve up files being
incompatible with curl.
I think the curl available at plf fixes this, and there should be a fix from
Mandrake shortly. In the meantime using urpmi from the command line with the
--wget switch should work OK

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net