Upgraded 9.0 to 9.1, now every time I boot it says eth0 FAILED.  Oddly,
I still have a live Ethernet connection.  Half the time, from looking at
the LEDs on my Linksys DSL/Router, it appears that the adapter is coming
up in half-duplex.  I didn't have this problem in 9.0, though I do have
it booting 9.1 with the 9.0 kernel.  What do I have to do to get eth0 to
come up reliably again?  I thought of uninstalling the tulip driver and
reinstalling it, but that is not a separately installable piece.  I have
a Linksys 10/100 wired internal NIC (standard LNE whatever).

On a related note, when I see the adapter is in half-duplex mode, if I
do ifconfig eth0 down, I see the full-duplex LED come on immediately.
But now I am disconnected, and ifconfig eth0 up does not reconnect me.
The only way I found to reconnect is to go into Mandrake Control Center
- Network and Internet - DrakConnect.  It will determine I am
disconnected and give me a button to connect.  How can I do this from a
command prompt so I don't have to start up MCC?  "service internet
restart" doesn't appear to work either.

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>