On Friday 04 April 2003 10:51, Anne Wilson wrote:

> HarM - just an off-chance.  When I had a similar problem under 9.0 it was
> because I had a plugin directory in the path, but not the subdirectory of
> it which contained other plugins.  Don't know if it will help you, but it's
> worth checking.
>
> Anne

Well, I've just found out that my dvd player can't read the dvd's anymore.
Meaning what? I don't know...there's a /dev/dvd link allright. Manually trying
to mount it just gives me the read error "no medium found".

So it's hardware recognition specific, I guess.
Looks like I'll have to rumage around a little more but first I'll try an
"update-install" it's been known to help before:o)

Good luck,
HarM