Never mind...

Just found mailx...

Sorry for the hasty posting..

Bryan

Hi All,

I am trying to write a script that will run occasionally, and send email to me
when certain events happen.  I have hit a brick wall in trying to completely
automate
either sendmail or mailto.  I can get them to run automagically up to where they
expect a text message followed by ctrl-d.  I have tried unsucessfully to get it
to send the contents of a text file as its message.  The man pages for both are
cryptic as best.  The one for mailto seems out of whack to boot..

I found a win app called wsendmail that lets you do this all on one command
line:

contents of a file>

I even have the source code for wsendmail.  I fooled around and compiled it in
Linux just to see what would happen, but it apparently nees a couple of files,
and I don't know enough c to get around that!!!

Obviously, I would like to do the same in Linux.

Is there something else non-GUI that I could use to completely automate the
sending of email?  Am I missing something obvious in the man pages?

Thanks,
Bryan