On Sunday 06 Apr 2003 11:57 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 10:17, m wrote:
> > Does anybody know why do I get my local loop address
> > as nameserver in resolv.conf file? It's slowing down
> > launch of xterm as it's always trying to do reverse
> > look up. Once I remove it and restart KDE everything
> > is ok, but after reboot it gets back in.
> >
> > Thx, Martin
>
> I think it's the /usr/sbin/gremlin.bin that's causing this. (g)
>
> Actually, how is your networking setup - because that's going to have
> the biggest impact on how things work/change upon reboot...

It is the new zeroconf server that puts your localhost in there.
If you do not need to use zeroconf just delete that line and stop the tmdns
service in MandrakeControlCentre>System>Services

derek

BTW: Stephen *pleeze* remove the 'reply to' address in your mail client.
People keep sending direct to you instead of the list because of it.

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net