Derek Jennings wrote:
On Friday 30 May 2003 9:03 am, Kalle Saarinen wrote:

hello,

I need to start my MySQL at boot time. I'm using runlevel 3 so I think that
I have to create link from /etc/rc3.d to /init.d/mysql to start the daemon
right?

How do I create the link?

Thanks

-Kalle

The simple way is run drakxservices and tick the box for 'start at boot' for mysql It will make links for run level 3 and 5 for you. Drakxservices works in GUI or command line modes.

How does Drakxservices decide what services are available? If I download or write something that I want to have running in the background, is there a way I can tell Drazxservices that it exists?

Sir Robin

--
"Hackers appear to wear black more because it goes with everything and hides dirt than because they want to look like goths."
- Eric Raymond

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi