On Wednesday 28 May 2003 8:47 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> I'm trying to find something that's more sophisticated than the log
> search tool in Drakconf.  Does anyone have ideas about a decent and well
> performing log analyzer.  Maybe even something that may already be in
> the distro or packaged on Mandrakeclub...basically something that
> someone has had good personal experience with and that they like alot.
> Any ideas. ?
>

> --LX

Have you tried using the log analysis built into msec?
Just enter an email address in MandrakeControlCentre>Security>DrakSec and tick
the box for security alerts.
You will get a daily email of suspicious activity.

The other thing I use is fwlogwatch (in contrib)  which sends you emails on
firewall hits.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net