On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 10:58, Yoel Krigsman wrote:
> I did d/l red-carpet and didnt work for me. So I junked that program....
>
> YPK

RedCarpet v.2.0 is tricky for the MDK installation. Firstly, you have to
install it along with the rcd stuff (a few bits and bobs of it); next,
you have to just reboot the machine so that the rcd (Red Carpet Daemon)
can start to inventory your system - it's checking all packages,
libraries and the likes - building it's database to check against what's
available for download/update. This can take a while. A fair while. Once
it's done, and once it's happy, mate, it's not bad at all. Better than
what I got under RHL...and the version 2.0 is fairly nice.

So far, I've upgraded to Evolution 1.3.3 along with some other nice
thangs...so I ain't gonna whinge about it...

..but overall, it does take some time to get the database built. First
connection to Ximian might choke'n'puke, but the second connection
should be finer than a summer day in N. Caroliner!

--
Thu May 29 11:20:00 EST 2003
 11:20:00 up 1 day, 13:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.29, 1.27, 1.14

A man was kneeling by a grave in a cemetery, crying and praying very loudly,
        "Oh why..eeeee did you die...eeeeee, Oh Why..eeeeee,
why did you Di......eeee"
The caretaker walks up, pardons himself and asks politely,
        "Excuse me, sir, but I've been seeing you for hours now,
carrying on at this grave.  You must have been very close to the deceased."
        "No, I never met him.  Oh why....eeeee did you dieeeeee,
why....eeeee did you.."
        "Sir, you say you never met this person, yet you carry on so?
Tell, me who is buried here?"
        "My wife's first husband."