On Sunday 25 May 2003 03:24 pm, eric huff wrote:
> Hmmm... I personally hate AOL, but there are many reasons one might use
> AOL:
>
> 1. The rest of the family does, and they're not in charge.

I think you meant the rest of the family uses it and they ARE in charge.

> 2. Travel alot and need to dialup: with AOL you can dialup
>       to a local number almost anywhere.

That's why God created AT&T Worldnet.  Very Linux friendly BTW, at least in my
experience.

> 3. Don't want to hastle with changing your email address

That's why you go out and reserve your own domain for $15 and pay $10/mo to
get your own mailserver, or better yet, set up your own on an old P133
running Mandrake Linux in your basement.  Now whenever you change isp's, you
get to keep the same e-mail address.  Dramatically cuts down on the spam too.

--
Greg