I'm running DNS on a Mandrake 9.1 server with a Mandrake 9.0 workstation (I've
been too busy to upgrade the workstation...)

The problem is that DNS lookups on the workstation sometimes fails to resolve
names on the first attempt, but if I try again immediately it works fine.
(about once every 10 times) I don't know if this is a problem with the DNS
server or the DNS configuration on the workstation.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.